Why Go to a Pediatric Dentist Instead of a General DentistSuffolk, VA
While a General Dentist will help a child receive the necessary dental care, it will not be as beneficial or specific as a Pediatric Dentist. One major difference between a General and Pediatric Dentist is that a Pediatric Dentist goes through specialized training to treat dental issues within infants, children and patients in their early teens. After completing the typical four-year dental school program, a Pediatric Dentist then completes two more years of residency training to gain the title of a Pediatric Dentist
The type of issues an endodontist treats
- A pediatric dentist can safely provide an accurate and harmless examination of an infant’s first tooth. Since baby teeth begin to grow as early as 1 year of age, it is crucial for a pediatric dentist to ensure that the teeth grow in properly. A Pediatric Dentist will know best and the earlier a parent’s visits the dentist for their child, the better. Call us to see when the best time to schedule a checkup is.
- Parents may understand that certain foods affect a child’s dental health, but may be unaware that pacifier use and thumb sucking can also negatively affect a child’s teeth. A pediatric dentist can help to guide parents on breaking these habits with their child at the right time.
- When it comes to the actual visit, a pediatric dentist can provide a comfortable and child-friendly atmosphere.
- Since children are still developing their teeth, oral hygiene will differ for each child based on the age. A pediatric dentist can go over the best and healthiest oral hygiene technique for the child. Children should not use the same fluoride toothpaste that adults use and will need a gentle tooth brush.
- Pediatric dentists use specifically-designed tools for children’s dental care. Along with creating a comfortable atmosphere for children, pediatric dentists understand that children are not full-grown adults and need different treatment methods than adults.
Along with providing proper dental care, Fun Park Pediatric Dentistry strives to help the child build a healthy relationship with dental checkups and oral hygiene techniques. The goal is to educate the parent and child on proper dental hygiene in a fun atmosphere. Instead of judging and lecturing a patient, Fun Park Pediatric Dentistry spends more time educating the patient.
By creating a positive atmosphere in the dental office, the hope is that the child will feel more comfortable with the aspect of returning for another visit. Fun Park Pediatric Dentistry can take care of the patient as necessary, parents need to help the child with dental hygiene at home. By working together we can help ensure that the child receives the necessary care.
Check out what others are saying about our pediatric dental services on Yelp: Why Go to a Pediatric Dentist Instead of a General Dentist Suffolk
Back to top of Why Go to a Pediatric Dentist Instead of a General Dentist
Finding a good kids special needs dentist is crucial, as it determines how well the child's dental experience will go. When it comes to a child with special needs, there is extra care and patience involved, which is why it is so important to find a good fitting dentist. Thankfully, there are a few things…
A kids special needs dentist is a dental professional that focuses their efforts on providing dental care to children who have special needs. Generally speaking, their goal is the same as any other dentist, which is to help individuals maintain healthy teeth and gums. However, in the case of special needs children, there is a…
If you ask a children's dentist what the most common oral care routines are, they will probably mention flossing and brushing. However, getting kids to clean their teeth can sometimes be a hassle. If parents can explain the importance to them, they might be more keen to do so.The following are reasons that children need…
Pediatric dental professionals love a healthy set of teeth, especially when those teeth belong to their patients. There is a sense of pride that a pediatric dentist feels when these young patients grow into young adults with good teeth and great oral habits. From a young age, a child should learn how to take care…